February 25, 2013

Valentine's Day '13

2 weeks late, I know...whatevs...

Valentine's Day is just a typical day in our house.  Rick & I have Valentine's Day every day in our house.  We don't need a special day to show each other how much we love each other.  As cliche as it sounds, it's so true.  We always joke that one Valentine's Day we are going to go out to eat in a really expensive restaurant, buy bottles of wine, sit there and not talk to each other (like we see so often in public).  Ha! 

But, for Spencer it's so much fun.  He loves Valentine's Day and we love that he loves it.  He couldn't wait for his "Valentimes" party.  Thank goodness he didn't have to make a Valentine's box this year.  Miss Lindsay is a smart cookie and did all of us parents a favor and made everything at school this year.  Thanks!!

The highlight of any party for me is making the goodies! 



Wanted to use the Oreo Cakesters for this, but looked EVERYWHERE for them & couldn't find them. Little Debbie to the rescue!
 
 
LOVED how these turned out!
Got the idea from this pin.
 
 
These were a hit!  I got the whisk at Hobby Lobby (30% off) too!
Spencer signing his name is my favorite!
 
 
And my favorite...for the grandparents.  These were so fun to make and his hearts and signature just melt my heart.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Spencer's sweetheart, Sawyer.  They are beyond precious and Spencer had a laundry list of things he wanted to give her for Valentine's Day.  I would be completely OK with us looking at these photos at their wedding one day. ;)
 
 
 
Like I said, Rick & I don't give gifts to each other for Valentine's Day, but he sure did surprise Spencer & I with these...
 
One for each of us straight from the Duke bookstore! 
LOVE!
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content © Kara Swindell. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.