March 27, 2012

Spicy Cabbage Saute

Let me just tell you this stuff is amazing and it's a million times better the next day.  I got this from my friend that I teach with and it literally came about by her just putting things together that she thought would taste good.  And let me tell you, she hit the nail on the head with this one!

Ingredients
Summer sausage (I used 2 packages)
2 heads of cabbage (less if you don't want as much)
2 diced bell peppers
2 cans Rotel (use one if you don't like it as spicy)
1 onion
celery (I love cooking with celery, so I used the whole bunch)
garlic
green chilis (however much to your liking)
salt & pepper to taste

1 - Saute onions, celery, bell peppers and garlic until tender.
2 - Add Rotel & chilis.
3 - Once mixed, add chopped cabbage.  You MUST use a deep saute pan or something that can hold this much volume.  Put the lid on it and let it simmer, stirring periodically.  Add salt & pepper to taste.
4 - While simmering, grill or "pan fry" the sausage.  Cut into pieces once grilled.
5 - Add to cabbage mixture and simmer for about 30 minutes.


This will make enough for 2-3 meals.  You will not be able to stop eating it!  Enjoy!

Linking up with 33 Shades of Green!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content © Kara Swindell. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.