August 14, 2012

No Name Board

*~*~*~*Featured at The Classroom Creative*~*~*~*



I'm so proud of this project.  I spend WAAAAAY too much time trying to figure out whose paper I have at my desk with no name on it.  After 12 years, it still blows my mind that you turn something in without a name! 

So, I'm not spending that time anymore.  The no namers will be clipped to this board and they will have to figure it out from there.  I first saw this idea here on Pinterest.  I wanted mine to look different, but the same concept.

I had a board in the garage that was leftover from when I made  these this past Christmas.  So, really all I had to buy was the was the can of spray paint (used 40% off coupon at Hobby Lobby), package of clothespins and the scrapbook paper for the letters and the clothespins.  Less than $10!!

I spray painted the board pink and cut the letters using my silhouette cameo.  The font I used was Cheri.  I modge podged the letters onto the wood.  I am AWFUL trying to get letters on things straight.  But, once I lay them out, I get it pretty straight.  ;)



Once I modge podged the letters on, I modge podged over the letters.  I did not modge podge the entire board because the spray paint I used was a gloss and it all looked the same.  I used scrapbook paper to "cover" the clothespins.  I modge podged the paper to the clothespin & then modge podged over the paper.  I used gorilla glue to glue them to the board.  The board is extremely heavy, so super husband did the wire and the screws on the back.  Such technical terms, huh? 

I love how it turned out!



Linking up with:

5 comments:

nicolette {momnivores dilemma} said...

Hi Kara-

When I taught junior high, this drove me batty... :)

I'm going to feature this over at The Classroom Creative

Thanks for sharing @ Creative Juice Thursday!
Nicolette

Kara said...

Thank you so much for the feature!!! :)

Kara

Frances said...

Very smart idea and I love the colors. I bet you are a fun teacher.

Jennifer said...

Cute! Thank you for linking up to our Pretty Things Party. Hope to see you back next week!

Texag04 said...

You only put 6 clothes pins on there?!?! ;-)

Post a Comment

 
Content © Kara Swindell. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.