May 30, 2011

Memorial Day

First, I have to start off by saying THANK YOU to all of our service men and women who are serving and who have served our country.  Freedom wouldn't be existent without you.  My great grandfather served in WWII at Iwo Jima (actually saw the raising of the flag there) and, to my favorite service man...my husband...


...THANK YOU!!!!  How wonderful to have such an inspiration for Spencer!  I love you so much!!!

LOW KEY are the words of the day for us.  I seriously doubt I'll leave the house today.  We're cooking out steaks tonight and drinking some good beer and that's about it.  Spencer and I made red, white & blue cupcakes this morning.  I've always seen the multi colored cupcakes and figured you could do the same thing with red, white and blue...and I was right!  They turned out pretty darn good!

My little helper...he LOVES to use the mixer!

The cupcakes are easy peezy...just use a WHITE cake mix, divide the batter evenly in 3 bowls and add food coloring.  You have to add a TON of food coloring...probably more red than you do blue.  Then, layer them in the muffin tins.  I did blue on the bottom, white and then red. 




Hope you and your family have a blessed Memorial Day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content © Kara Swindell. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.