May 2, 2011

Teacher Appreciation

Teacher appreciation week comes when us teachers need it the most...the first of May!  I'm the NJHS sponsor at my school and we've got things to give to the teachers every day of the week.  I found almost all of them on other blogs, but there's a couple I came up with that I'm posting here. 

Thanks for holding everything together!
binder clips attached to the tag with curly ribbon



Helping Hand
clear glove filled with different colored, shredded paper with goldfish tied to the back

*I have to say I had completely different plans for this.  I wanted to fill the glove with goldfish but didn't for two reasons...#1 Who wants to eat goldfish that taste like plastic gloves?  #2 It didn't look good at all.

Where I had the most fun was finding something to make Spencer's teachers at school.  I did a little search in blog land and came across this at Skip to my Lou.  I loved that she made the flower picks to where you could insert any name.  I just purchased Gerber daisies at Wal Mart.  I did add a few things different.  I used colored butcher paper to wrap the bottom.  I also printed his teacher's names on card stock to help personalize it a little more.  I used popsicle sticks as the picks.  I really love how they turned out.




What are YOU doing for teacher appreciation this week??

4 comments:

Mimi said...

What great gift ideas! They are so clever and colorful! What lucky teachers! Thanks fo sharing

Tracy said...

Hi Kara -- I found your blog through Keep it Simple as I was searching for Teacher Appreciation ideas to add to my Link Party. I love all of your creative ideas and wanted to share that I also have a son named Spencer -- he's 4 1/2 and my right hand crafting buddy. Love seeing your little guy's artwork --
Stop by if you have a chance.
~Tracy

http://www.craftjunkietoo.com/2011/05/teacher-appreciation-ideas-link-party.html

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Hi, Kara! I'm admiring all your creative posts here so can you please share them with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)

make handmade said...

Love it, thanks for sharing

Post a Comment

 
Content © Kara Swindell. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.