July 9, 2010

Summer To Do List

Well, I thought I would update you on the progress (or lack there of) of the summer to do list I posted here.  I have not made great strides on much of it, BUT I do have some really good excuses on some of them.

1)  Clean out and organize the computer room closet
Well, it still looks like this and maybe worse.  No excuse other than I don't want to. 




2)  Print & hang pictures in the living room
Good excuse for why this hasn't been done...because we've decided to paint the living room and haven't decided on the color yet.  We are waiting to see Rick's sister's living room because I want the color she has.  He just doesn't remember it.


4)  Get my invitation/announcement/card design business up and running
I'm working on this as much as I can.  I a lot more familiar with PhotoShop now and I just need to start making samples and get a blog up.  What I do need from you (if you don't mind) are pictures of your kids that I could use for my samples that I put up.  Let me know and I'll tell you what I need.

5)  Lose those pesky 8 pounds
Ummmm, yeah...about that...still at the same spot I was when I typed this before.  It'll happen, it will.  I still run as much as I have the last 5 years, but being at home all day and having access to chips, cookies, desserts left over from the weekend doesn't help.  There's a pretty good excuse, right?


6)  Get the front yard fully planted with flowers and monkey grass
This is probably the one that I'm most excited to report back on.  No need to plant because when we get back from vacation, we are re-sodding our front and back yard with fescue and getting a sprinkler system put in in the front and back.  Since they will put in lines in the flower beds, it's pointless to plant there when they will have to dig it up.


7)  Begin tagging clothes for Cradles2Crayons consignment sale
I will be hitting this hard and heavy when we get back from vacation.  The lady at Cradles2Crayons just found her tagging guns, so I just got that yesterday.  I've been buying hangers and collecting hangers when I buy new clothes, so nothing is holding me back now!


8)  Make this jewelry organizer
Not happening because I don't even have a place in our closet that big!  What was I thinking?  I'm going with simple nails in the wall to do the trick!  Thanks for the tip Angie!



9)  Summer reading
Well, I'm almost done with the Adoration of Jenna Fox and then I'll start on Pieces of Georgia or I will start on one of the two that I'm adding to this list that I can't wait to get my hands on....



So, what I'm really saying is that Pieces of Georgia will probably take the backseat to these and The Childhood Roots to Adult Happiness probably won't happen. 


So, not much progress, but maybe there will be before summer is over.  We have A LOT going on outside and inside our home when we get back from vacation that will be exciting to share.  Get ready for a lot of before and after pictures!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content © Kara Swindell. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.