May 19, 2010

Buttermilk Baked Chicken

Yes, another recipe that is OUTSTANDING!!  I've found so many good ones throughout the recipe blogs that I follow.  You should check some of them out.  They are on the right hand side of this page under "I love crafts & recipes".  When I find new blogs, I add them there.

This recipe calls for mushrooms and I CANNOT stand mushrooms, but Rick LOVES them.  With my hatred for mushrooms, this recipe was soooo surprisingly good and a great hit at the Swindell household.  I got this one from From Our Kitchen To Yours .

1/4 cup butter
4 chicken breasts (it calls for bone-in, but I used boneless)
1 1/2 cups buttermilk, divided
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 can cream of mushroom soup
sliced baby portobello mushrooms (I used the large portobello mushroom caps)
fresh, chopped thyme (I used fresh, but you can use dried thyme seasoning)
seasoning for chicken (any chicken seasoning, but I used Emeril's chicken rub which is excellent)

1. Preheat oven to 425. Melt butter in the oven in a lightly greased 13x9 dish. (about 3 minutes)
2. Meanwhile, dip chicken in 1/2 cup buttermilk, sprinkle with seasonings, and dredge in flour.
3. Remove dish from oven and add mushrooms and thyme. Arrange chicken in baking dish.
4. Bake at 425 for 25 minutes. Turn chicken and bake for 10 minutes.
5. Stir together soup and remaining 1 cup buttermilk. Pour over chicken and bake for 10 more minutes - put some foil lightly on top to prevent the chicken from browning too much.
6. Transfer chicken to a serving platter. Whisk soup mixture in baking dish until blended. Drizzle over chicken, or if you have certain family members who are not as into sauces as you are, leave in the dish so that you can spoon your own sauce onto your meat.

Just a future warning...I've found a lot of new recipes and will be trying them out.  If they're good, I'll post them here.  If you try any of these recipes, comment and let me know how you liked them!

1 comments:

asonnenberg said...

Sounds yummy!!!! I'm going to try it this weekend.

BTW....I'm still searching for a 12 step program for you. :)

Post a Comment

 
Content © Kara Swindell. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.